Users from old forum should register again, the old credentials no longer are valid

Eclipse Script Collaboration

General Discussion about digiCamControl and related photography techniques.
NikonShooter

Post by NikonShooter » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:41 pm

Is anyone interested in collaborating to create a script for the Aug 21 eclipse?

There are several for Solar Eclipse Maestro but I'd much rather use a Windows laptop to control the camera.

I've started one for my Nikon D500 in DCC but am finding that it is not reliably changing the ISO, shutter speed and aperture unless I repeat the command several times in the script. It could be a timing issue and I'd like to get this figured out shortly.

Advertisment

BobA49

Re: Eclipse Script Collaboration

Post by BobA49 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:42 am

I'm interested, but have done minimal tcl programming many years ago. I'd like to see what you have so far. I'd like to use it with my Nikon D3300.

jerryd

Re: Eclipse Script Collaboration

Post by jerryd » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:41 am

Hi. I may be a little late to the party, but am also interested in programming to automate eclipse photos. With only a couple minutes of totality, I would like to be able to experience it and not spend all my time fiddling with the camera (Nikon D5100). I have lots of programming experience, but none with TCL (yet). I do not know if the TCL is needed for what I plan to do (a variety of photos at different pre-determined settings), or if XML is enough. Either samples or advice is appreciated. I am willing to help in any way I can as well.