download hangs after about 6 photos.

General Discussion about digiCamControl and related photography techniques.
The New Ontario Norm

Post by The New Ontario Norm » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:23 am

I am using Wu-1a wireless from Nikon D7100. When I get to about photo 6, the download hangs about 1/2 way through the transfer. It shows "Unable to write the data to the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." I then have to close the program and re-open it. After I close the program, I get a box saying digiCamControl has stopped working, then I have to use Task Manager-Applications-End Program then go to Processes-End Process. If I don't do that, the program won't start and I get an error stating that WPFFont_v4.0.0.0 has quit working. BTW, my computer is running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I know, it's old but it still works, kind of. And I can connect with my camera up to a distance of about 50 feet. How can I get the connection to stay working after about 6 photos. I should be able to shoot continuously. Is there a cache I should be emptying? I shoot NEF and High Quality JPEG and Save to Camera and computer. I have not been able to get the Astro settings to work yet. I get ERROR in the box and No external Device has been set. Still don't know how to use that section of the program yet.

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

Re: download hangs after about 6 photos.

Post by Duka Istvan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:24 am

Please send your log file Menu=>Help=<>Send log file

The New Ontario Norm

Post by The New Ontario Norm » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:19 am

More on my problem. It appears that my connection to the camera through the Wu-1a device drops off. I then (sometimes) can reconnect the wifi by clicking the wifi icon, clicking on Wu-1a, then click connect. Other times I have to double-click. There is a lot going on here, I think. It may just be my computer that is the problem. I'm almost tempted to buy a new one or just upgrade from vista to Windows 8.

The New Ontario Norm

Post by The New Ontario Norm » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:30 pm

Hello Duka. Did you get my log?

mariareese

Post by mariareese » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:40 pm

I am also having the same issue, maybe cam has problem I don't know actually .. :(

Duka Istvan

Post by Duka Istvan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:13 pm

Please send your log file Menu=>Help=<>Send log file