Multiple cameras

General Discussion about digiCamControl and related photography techniques.
Behold

add

Post by Behold » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:24 pm

Sorry, I would like to add that eventually I would like to go up to at least 75

add

Advertisment

Behold

add

Post by Behold » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:24 pm

Sorry, I would like to add that eventually I would like to go up to at least 75

Duka Istvan

Whath i saying was if you

Post by Duka Istvan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:35 pm

Whath i saying was if you want to trigger cameras it invidiually, but if  enough to trigger all in same time then is enough a single microcontroller and two optocouplers and a jack socket per cameras, this optocouplers can be modularized by 5-10 cameras to help easyest connections. So every camera need two connection a usb for image transfer and a shutter release cable for trigger cameras in same time (this isn't possible using usb because usb have a significant lag when triggering cameras). The usb connection limit connection to 127 device per usb hub anyway for 50 camera is a lot of data so between captures need to wait some time for data transfer to be finished. digiCamControl support multiple live view so for every cameras the focus can be set.   

Behold

I'm not opposed to using a

Post by Behold » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm not opposed to using a microcontroller optocontrollers.

So, if i understand correctly. You would still incorporate the usb interface for the live view and photo download?

Duka Istvan

Yes, there will be a lot of

Post by Duka Istvan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:08 pm

Yes, there will be a lot of cables :) but for me this seems to be the right solution, maybe to speed up the workflow the pictures can be downloaded after photo session grouped by camera 

Behold

I am not concerned with

Post by Behold » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:18 pm

I am not concerned with cables... just function. I think this is a good compromise and one that breeze has to do too. 

Duka Istvan

If you are really interested

Post by Duka Istvan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:06 am

If you are really interested i can make some circuit diagram or even the device it self if you have enough patience, the usb part already is supported by the software. 

Behold

i would be interested in that

Post by Behold » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:15 am

i would be interested in that if it's not too much of a bother

Duka Istvan

Here it is the circuit

Post by Duka Istvan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:12 pm

Here it is the circuit diagram have at least 2 part, first one with microcontroller connected to pc via usb (or not cam be triggered using a button to) and a another box where are connected the cameras, in diagram are only 3 for simplicity but can be added more in same way or can be made more modules for simplify the connectivity. 

tuffi

Hi Duka, thanks for your work

Post by tuffi » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi Duka, thanks for your work!!Sorry, but i have same problem with the diagram.1. 1503_09 are a 3.5mm jack connector right? I'm working at university project and we must control 2 or 3 Nikon D800 with a 10 pin round shutter relase, must we create an adapter?2. Witch pin of microcontroller must connect to usb port 3. The micro must have a software on-board right? Do you can explain better this diagram?Sorry for all of this questions but we are a department of geology not a engineering and we should use this project for aerial photogrammetry so we must have the shots  synchronizeds as better as possible. Emanuele