Help with manual Focus

General Discussion about digiCamControl and related photography techniques.
CPNEGA5583

Help with manual Focus

Post by CPNEGA5583 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:12 am

First as it has been a while thanks for a great piece of software.
I have been using Digicamcontrol with telescope astrophotography and recently started doing nightscape photography with standard lenses.
I have recently update to the Beta v2.0.74
Reading the user manual it discussed manual adjustment of the focus and shows setting step size in the Settings-Live View menu.
However I can not find access to use the manual focus adjustments in the GUI. Is this available in the GUI or only at the CMD Level or is it a future release.
This feature is of great interest as being remote this time of year verses out in the cold would be a dream come true. Focusing on stars is painful at best with any vibration in the camera and using the focus motor of the camera would remove the major portion (human impact) in this operation.

Help with manual Focus

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

Re: Help with manual Focus

Post by Duka Istvan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:54 am

Check this page http://digicamcontrol.com/doc/userguide ... e/astromod, in the bottom if the astro live view window there are the buttons for change the focus position of the lens

CPNEGA5583

Re: Help with manual Focus

Post by CPNEGA5583 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Thanks for the assistance. Again thanks to the members of thee forum and designers for a great software package and assistance to people.