Disconnecting camera from digiCamControl for focusing

General Discussion about digiCamControl and related photography techniques.
filmgeek

Post by filmgeek » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:54 pm

I use digiCamControl for my food photography. It is great to see a live view on a big monitor (this way I can look on a monitor when arranging the food and I immediately see how it will look like in camera). I also use file transfer to my PC to see the results on a monitor. But every time when I focus (I do this manually), I need to unplug the USB cable, then focus (I use zoom on my camera display for this) a then I need to plug the USB cable again for a file transfer. I wonder if there is a better workflow for this without the need for disconnecting the camera and connecting it again. I know there is a zoom function in digiCamControl, but this function does not work whith my camera (Nikon D3300).

I also wonder if its possible to hide the control panels on live view to have a clear view (BTW, it would be amazing if you could include golden ration and dynamic symmetry grids in live view, I use the rule of thirds grid a lot ;-)).

Thanks for any tips. I really love digiCamControl. I use the 2.0.77.0 version and I am very happy with it.

Advertisment