Intro

General Discussion about digiCamControl and related photography techniques.
stuwest

Intro

Post by stuwest » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi Folks-My name is Stu West.I am 65yo and live with my 9yo daughter on an 80A farm in western Wisconsin.I have been a still/video producer since '70 and shot actively for clients until '90 when i started only shooting for my own equity ventures solely.Most recently i have been working on breeding replicable IED dogs. I have 40 dogs on site so my daughter has no shortage of puppies to cuddle.I started building computers in '84 and did beta testing on WFW1.1b, but my media experience was principally analog. I shot nikon still and panasonic video. i hired my sound people by the job.I recently partnered with an exc-prod to do a series of 1/2 hour programs on fishing Wisconsin. We're thinking of setting up a web site also, blogs, etc. I'll have to do production, line, direct and shoot too. It is this project that brought me to DigiCamControl.i started shooting digital nikon D200s for several years and still respect the build. I am currently using:NIKONS     1-D7100     2-D7000     1-D3100     1-D3100 infrared     1-Casio EX-F1 SloMo, 1200 fps     3-SonyZ1U     1-Canon GL2AUDIO     AD Deck, 16 track     3 micro mixers     15 mics     4 lavsEDITING     2-ASUS P6X58D Premiums          i7 Quads, 24 gb ram, 128 SSD, 2T SATA storage     1-Dell 6500 Precision Laptop          i7 Quads, 32gb ram, 256 SSD, 500 SSHD     6-Dell 6500 Precision Laptops (these are the laptops i'm thinking of using for the DCC software)          i5 Duals, 4gb ram, 128 SSD, 2x320 disk RAIDLIGHTING     20k wattage available    variations on Lowell kits I really like what is happening here on the OS DCC project and want to learn and help.I have enjoyed the freedom of shooting in Nikon  vs my old analog panasonics, but some of the features i really miss. I don't miss the weight and size tho.I look forward to meeting all of you.     Stui can be contacted at:stuwest(at)almabottom(dot)com715-639-3933

Intro

Advertisment