Remote control filename and sequence

General Discussion about digiCamControl and related photography techniques.
Jonkejober

Post by Jonkejober » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:39 am

Hi,

I am new to this forum. Found this site when searching for a solution to take photos on the fly and have the files named in a good way.

I would like a camera set up and connected to my computer and make it possible to take photos of products on the fly.

When I need to take a new photo I would like to enter the product id on my computers keyboard, for example "100100". Put the product in the photobox and then if I take four photos I would like to have the filenames generated like 100100_1, 100100_2, 100100_3, 100100_4 and then saved to a folder on my connected computer. When next product is to be photod I enter a new product id "300987" and the file names are generated as 300987_1, 300987_2 and so on.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance

Advertisment

neilf

Re: Remote control filename and sequence

Post by neilf » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Did you ever get any reply on this ? - it is exactly the scenario I would like to know about too. i.e. enter a product code - 1234 - then have the next three photographs named : 1234_1 , 1234_2, 1234_3 and then finally saved to a specified accessible folder. I know my employer would be interested in donating to the dev of digicamcontrol if this kind of thing is possible - We have numerous camera 'workstations' taking thousands of product images each month. I'm not a photographer (just boring IT !) but am looking for ways to streamline things for our photography staff.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:02 pm

You can use following file name template : [Series 4 digit]__[Camera Counter 3 digit]
For product code you can use series field (right middle in main windows) and in Session->Edit current session check the Reset counter on series change in this way for every product the counter will be reset to 1

If you want something more advanced you can contact me i can make a customized version for your needs

neilf

Post by neilf » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:37 pm

After following your recent advice on auto filenaming I thought I had a great solution to present to our business...digicamcontrol looks ideal!

But unknown to me.... our photography team have just in the last week moved from Canon to Sony cameras.... ! :evil:

Can I ask is there support or way to tether Sony A7iii cameras ?