Supported camera with fully electronic shutter?

General Discussion about digiCamControl and related photography techniques.
Francis Rath

Post by Francis Rath » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:18 pm

I am looking to set up a very long term time lapse recording (several months) and I need a camera that I can trust to continue working.Currently I have used the Nikon D3200 a bit, and it works well, but since it has a mechanical shutter with a life of "only" 100.000 exposures (and a lot more if you are lucky) I don't really trust it in the long term (project is expected to be 200.000-300.000 exposures, and most pictures will be deleted).Does anyone here know of a reasonably priced camera that has fully electronic shutter and works with DigiCamControl? Thanks in advance,Francis

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

Re: Supported camera with fully electronic shutter?

Post by Duka Istvan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Francis Rath wrote:I am looking to set up a very long term time lapse recording (several months) and I need a camera that I can trust to continue working.Currently I have used the Nikon D3200 a bit, and it works well, but since it has a mechanical shutter with a life of "only" 100.000 exposures (and a lot more if you are lucky) I don't really trust it in the long term (project is expected to be 200.000-300.000 exposures, and most pictures will be deleted).Does anyone here know of a reasonably priced camera that has fully electronic shutter and works with DigiCamControl? Thanks in advance,Francis
There was some tests with Nikon 1 but i don't get any reports back if is working or not. But you can try Nikon Coolpix L830, 5300, 5400 this models was reported to work, at least for capture

sky

Post by sky » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:07 am

Hi Dear Duka Istvan
I am looking to setup a very long term time lapse recording (12 month ) i make electronic system and timing to take photo with canon DSLR with remote connection, but i cant receive this photos from web , for this work i need to transfer my photos to FTP or other solution that received photos via web or mobile applications. I need a software only transfer file after take photo in Canon DSLR to folder of computer, can i customize DIGICAMCONTROL that only upload files to selected folder in local FTP or Web (http) ?
Thanks a lot

Duka Istvan

Post by Duka Istvan » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi,
yes you can setup the FTP autoexport plugin to upload to a server every file right after the file was captured

Duka Istvan

Post by Duka Istvan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Hi try this version https://s3.amazonaws.com/download.digic ... 0.16.0.exe in session settings is a option to delete photo from card after transfer