file name template editor

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:16 am

Dear all,
I am about to fotograph coins, which have two sides. The coins are from the Collection W. The first side of the coin should have “av” at the end of the file name, the second should have “rv” at the end.
Name of the 1. foto should be: "Collection W 0001av"; of the 2. foto: "Collection W 0001rv"; of the 3. foto: "Collection W 0002av"; of the 4. foto: "Collection W 0002rv” and so on.
I choose in session/general/ad new session/file name template editor: [session name] [counter 4 digits]. Here I am stuck. Does anyone know what to do to solve these problem?

Thanks for your help in advantage
Best
Uli

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

Re: file name template editor

Post by Duka Istvan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:56 am

You can use for this the series and capture name (editable in the middle of the main window right panel) and use the flowing filename template

Code: Select all

[Session Name] [Series 4 digit] [Capture Name]

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Dear Istvan,
Thank you for your answer.
But the Capture Name is a fixed one, which is a problem. If I use "av" as capture name ([Session Name][Series 4 digits][Capture Name]), all pictures have "av" at the end.
But I need Foto No 1: “Collection W 0001av”; Foto No 2: “Collection W 0001rv”; Foto No 3: “Collection W 0002av”; Foto No 4: “Collection W 0002rv” and so on.

So my problem seems still to be unsolved.

Best
Ulrich

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:21 pm

You should set the capture name before every capture as alternative you can use the tag selector window (View->Vindows=>Tag selector) the tags can be set in session edit windows and can be referenced in the file name template as [Selected Tag1]

Mark_Studio

Post by Mark_Studio » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi my firends,

I use the new Nikon D850. I would like to save on my PC the same file name given by the camera, but if I flag the check box "use the original file name given by the camera" no way.

I checked your manual on-line page "filename template editor" so I tried to unflag the check box "use the original file name given by the camera" using the template file name [Original filename]: no way.

I tried several other setting, the only one seems to work is _[Exif.Photo.FNumber], but I was crazy looking for a solution.

Is it a software issue or is it my brain off? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thnx for you help.

Duka Istvan

Post by Duka Istvan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:38 pm

The "use the original file name given by the camera" only working if the capture destination in card+pc, if the destination in pc only the camera don't give any file name.