File Name tempalte editor

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
Ulrich

Post by Ulrich » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:00 pm

Dear all,
I am about to fotograph coins, which have two sides. The coins are from the Collection W. The first side of the coin should have “av” at the end of the file name, the second should have “rv” at the end.
Name of the 1. foto should be: “Collection W 0001av; of the 2. foto: “Collection W 0001rv; of the 3. foto: “Collection W 0002av; of the 4. foto: “Collection W 0002rv” and so on.
I choose in session/general/ad new session/file name template editor: [session name] [counter 4 digits]. Here I am stuck. Does anyone know what to do to solve these problem?

Thanks for your help in advantage
Best
Uli

Advertisment

bvmail89@gmail.co

Re: File Name tempalte editor

Post by bvmail89@gmail.co » Sat May 26, 2018 8:15 am

Use multiple sessions. and then use macros recorder to switch in between the sessions with a hotkey. The sessions selector is a drop down menu style so what you can do is title each session with a number in front.(Session Dropdown menu is on right side of the screen).
For example

1 Front
2 Back

Then set the macro to click on the drop down menu for the sessions. Then Have it press number key 1. And then enter.

The macro will have selected the session "1 front" and now the file names will change as well to represent "1 front"

I then have another hotkey for "2 back." With the same steps as the "1 front" except have the macro press number key 2 instead to have it select "2 back." Then enter.

The macros are fast and you can do it with practically no delay times. I run at full macro speed and it switches the session and everything so fast I can barley see it. It feels like it's a script written for it but that's my setup your's can be different. I shoot 1500 pics a day BTW and separate the pics between 3 sessions to have 3 different file name identifiers within the same folder. It can be easily separated for, file list, organization, etc.