Help, new! Nikon d5500

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
hunter61073

Help, new! Nikon d5500

Post by hunter61073 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:29 am

Hello everyone.
I would like to be directed to the proper procedure to connect my Nikon D5500 to my laptop to take astro-photos.
I tried to connect via WiFi, but that failed.... as I thought it would. I'm guessing I need the HDMI cable for this to work?
It sure would be nice to be able to see a live view on my laptop from my telescope. This looks much easier than using a ccd camera for astrophotography... and then using files that have formats that are almost impossible to figure out.
I'm "new" to this, but not using the android app. That's actually easy to do. I would like to be able to operate all functions :? :? of my camera, while also having a larger screen to look at.
Is this possible for me? Can I do these things I'm asking.... or was this a waste of time..... so to say. It sure would be nice to have a simple program... to just take photos....long term.

Help, new! Nikon d5500

Advertisment

HyperFelicity

Re: Help, new! Nikon d5500

Post by HyperFelicity » Wed May 30, 2018 9:52 am

All you do is turn the wifi on your camera on. Then on your PC you go to your wifi and change it to whatever the nikon is broadcasting. Then, under the app you go to the circular wifi button at the top and select WU Nikon blah blah blah. It will ask you to connect to 192.168.1.1 which is the default gateway of your camera's wifi; you say connect and that should be all.