Any experience with DCC and Sony A6000 Wifi capture and liveview?

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
kimodo

Post by kimodo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:53 pm

We want to use the Sony A6000 with DCC. Has anyone experience using Wifi for Liveview, capture Photos and save these Pictures to PC? Is this Connection stable enough to work 12 hours and take about 1000 pictures? Is it possible to use Original Resolution for saving the Pics? How is the Resolution of the live view? Does the Autofocus work with liveview?

Thanks for any information

Advertisment

pgcharette

Re: Any experience with DCC and Sony A6000 Wifi capture and liveview?

Post by pgcharette » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:36 pm

I have a Sony A6000, I've just started using DCC a few days ago so I don't know it very well (you need the "Smart Remote Control" application installed on the A6000). So far, live view over wifi works fine but I have no idea if the connection is stable over long periods of time, I could run some tests. The autofocus seems to work fine in live view. Though taking pics from DCC works fines, there seems to be a bug with saving the pics on the PC, you get an error message like "Transfer error !\nMessage :{0} Could not find file 'C:\Users\...\tmpxxxx.tmp". I note that this problem has been reported before under the subject "Transfer error" but I don't see any resolution (the proposed the "load canon transfer mode" solution does not work for me). For now I think you'll have to retrieve your pictures from the A6000 memory card.