Discrepancy in brightness between the images on computer monitor and pictures taken.

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
DPath2379

Discrepancy in brightness between the images on computer monitor and pictures taken.

Post by DPath2379 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:49 am

I use DC version 2.074.0 and Canon Rebel T6si 750D camera.

I have camera mounted on an Olympus microscope and I am using the Live View to take pictures of biopsy (glass) slides at 2x, 4x, 10x, 20x and 40x magnifications. The "x" figures are those of microscope objectives.

Issues:
1-The brightness of images shown on the Live View image window (on computer display) is way different than that of the actual pictures taken.
(a) So, at 2x magnification, if I set exposure compensation at zero, then the pictures come out too bright.
(b) I have to set the compensation exposure to (between -2 and -3) in order to get the pictures with correct brightness.

2-The necessary exposure compensation varies according to the magnifications of objectives used.
It is the worst at 2x (requiring between -2 and -3) and then (between 0 and +1) for the 40x objective.

Any help in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisment

admin
Site Admin

Re: Discrepancy in brightness between the images on computer monitor and pictures taken.

Post by admin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:28 am

Unfortunately the live view image quality is managed by the camera, the software only display it, try to turn on the camera Exposure Simulation

DPath2379

Re: Discrepancy in brightness between the images on computer monitor and pictures taken.

Post by DPath2379 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:13 pm

<<.... the software only display it, try to turn on the camera Exposure Simulation.>>

Thanks for the reply. However, how do I turn on the "Exposure Simulation"?