support for double wifi adapter on laptop

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
DriesV

Post by DriesV » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:27 pm

Dear,
As i use this program for astrophotography i like to connect my nikon D750 to digicamcontrol (i have tested the stable and beta version)via the main wifi adapter from my laptop.
This works great and i can use the astro menu.
Now that it's winter i have bought an additional wifi dongle and plugged it in an usb port so that i can connect my laptop via wifi adapter 1 to my camera and the second to my home network so that i can remote acces my laptop from inside my warm house.

In windows 10 /64 bit i can configure that the main wifi adapter is used to connect to the camera. and the second to connect to my home network.

What i have noticed is that on the stable 2.0 version the connection to the camera is lost/locked when i plug in the wifi usb adapter. without this dongle i have full functionality of the program
The beta version does not lose its connection , starts the transfer , but does not save the taken picture to the hd of the laptop.

Is this a know issue ?
P.s: it would be great to be able to stay inside and let the laptop do it's job remotely.

Dries

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

Re: support for double wifi adapter on laptop

Post by Duka Istvan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:02 pm

Please send your log file (c:\ProgramData\digiCamControl\Log\app.log)

DriesV

Re: support for double wifi adapter on laptop

Post by DriesV » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:40 pm

Hello Istvan,
The connection issues have been solved (my own fault):
I had a network conflict between the wifi of the camera and the wifi of my home network router.
The default ip range and subnet for this nikon camera is 192.168.1.1 with subnet 255.255.255.0 (and this can not be changed) so i have changed the ip range on my home network to be in the range of 192.168.2.1 , this has resolved the network conflict.
This has resolved the issue of connecting to the camera.

There is still the problem of transfering the data to the laptop => that works , but he errors on writing to the cache/ temp file/ the actual image file on the hd (you can find this in the log file that i have send to you)