loading not opening  [SOLVED]

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
raquelgriffin16

loading not opening  [SOLVED]

Post by raquelgriffin16 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:14 am

i have the new 2.0761 version downloaded and when i pulled it up today it just loads ..i left it loading for 30 minutes and still nothing.. has there been a new update because its not loading

loading not opening  [SOLVED]

Advertisment

walkerrick

Re: loading not opening

Post by walkerrick » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:08 pm

Mine hung up and wouldn't open on 2.0.0. I found it was due to having multiple Canon cameras hooked up. When only one was on, it came up and started. I found a link for using multiple cameras http://digicamcontrol.com/doc/usecases/multi

Once I updated my settings it starts with multiple cameras.

I hope this helped.

raquelgriffin16

Post by raquelgriffin16 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:49 am

i only use one camera a nikkon d3400.. but thanks
can someone please help me ..when i try to pull up the program it just says loading.. the program doesnt open at all.. ive been using this program since last summer and now all of a sudden it doesnt want to open .. i have installed and unintalled the program about 5 times already .. restarted and shut down my computer ...and nothing .. i can film with out this please help

stevehutcheson

Post by stevehutcheson » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:23 pm

I have recently downloaded the latest version however getting the same problem. It begins to open then keeps loading until it freezes and I have to reboot the computer.

Windows 10 digicamcontrol version 2.1.0.0

peta13

Post by peta13 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:35 am

I'm now experiencing quite the same trouble - the "loading" bar keeps moving, but the circles stop after a while. I left it running like from friday to monday, yet nothing happened.
I tried to reboot multiple times, tried to launch with the camera disconnected, shut down and re-start the computer - all with no effect.
For a while i suspected the windows 10 update, but - another Win 10 pc keeps working okay..
Have you anybody figured out anything?

Duka Istvan

Post by Duka Istvan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

Try this version https://sourceforge.net/projects/digica ... t/download
If still not working please send me your log file c:\ProgramData\digiCamControl\Log\app.log at admin@digicamcontrol.com

peta13

Post by peta13 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:44 pm

Duka Istvan wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am Try this version https://sourceforge.net/projects/digica ... t/download
If still not working please send me your log file c:\ProgramData\digiCamControl\Log\app.log at admin@digicamcontrol.com
Version 2.1.0.6 works now, thanks for help. Would it be of any benefit if I send you the log now?

Duka Istvan

Post by Duka Istvan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:06 pm

If working no need to send the log file

JFCalvano

Post by JFCalvano » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:19 pm

FOUND A FIX: Even after installing 2.1.0.6 I got the same (endless not loading) loop. After several attempted fixes, including turning off .Net and reinstalling it, I ended up going to my file manager and changing the settings so I could see hidden folders. Then I changed the name of the folders inside the hidden folder ‘ProgramData’ as follows; changed digiCamControl to “digiCamControl test” and Package Cache to “Package Cache test”. The logic was there was something going on with old versions (1.3.52.0) I had installed back to 2015. Prior to this issue I was running 2.0.69.0 and a Nikon D3200 without issues. I bought a Nikon D5600 and wanted the “live view” functionality. Changing the hidden folder names (which contain files from old installations) did the trick! Everything, including live view is working now!

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:34 am

I have tried both 2.1.0.0 and 2.1.0.6 on my Lenovo Yoga 720 (running Window 10 Home and fully updated). Version 2.1.0.0 would hang on loading. After installing 2.1.0.6 I got a blue screen of death. After uninstalling the latest version, I also tried deleting the files saved in the ProgramData folder and reinstalling but still got a BSOD (I have not had any prior versions of the program installed on the laptop but thought I would try it anyhow). I am starting up with no camera connected. Version 2.1.0.0 loads and works without trouble on my desktop PC. Interestingly, after three or four BSODs, the program now just hangs on the loading screen without a BSOD. Any ideas what is wrong?

Update: I looked at the application log file. The problem on my laptop appears to be linked to the built-in webcam. My desktop PC doesn't have a camera of any kind attached to it except for my Nikon D5000. The log entries created by 2.1.0.0 are a bit different from the log entries for 2.1.06, suggesting some changes have been made to the code that runs when the application initializes.

Here is the most recent log entry for 2.1.0.6:
2019-02-24 13:10:36,221 [4]ERROR DCC [(null)] - Fatal error
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CameraControl.Core.Classes.Settings.<>c__DisplayClass358_0.<GetSession>b__0(PhotoSession photoSession) in D:\devel\vs2010\CameraControl\CameraControl.Core\Classes\Settings.cs:line 1369
at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at CameraControl.Core.Classes.Settings.GetSession(String name) in D:\devel\vs2010\CameraControl\CameraControl.Core\Classes\Settings.cs:line 1369
at CameraControl.Core.Classes.Settings.LoadSessionData() in D:\devel\vs2010\CameraControl\CameraControl.Core\Classes\Settings.cs:line 1425
at CameraControl.App.InitApplication() in D:\devel\vs2010\CameraControl\CameraControl\App.xaml.cs:line 117

I tried disabling the webcam in the Device Manager but the webcam seems to be detected by the application anyhow.