Command Line Utility Speed

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
formerlurker

Post by formerlurker » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:48 am

First, what a great piece of software! The UI is great too! Unfortunately my use case involves the command line utility.

I'm attempting to use DigiCamControl to capture images via the command line with the following .bat file:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\digiCamControl\CameraControlCmd.exe" /filename %SNAPSHOT_FULL_PATH% /capture

Everything works as expected except that there is a long delay between starting the script and the camera starting to take a picture (about 3 seconds, then another 1-2 to snap and download). My application (3d printing timelapse) is extremely time sensitive, and I'm trying to reduce the time required to trigger and capture the image as much as possible.

I notice that about half of the wait is over by the time the 'New Camera is connected ! Driver :D5200' message appears in the console. Is there any way to just tell the CameraControlCmd.exe which camera to use or to connect ahead of time and trigger a capture after this?

I also use gphoto2 for Linux applications, and it has an option to 'trigger' a capture, which returns right after the snapshot is taken but before the image is saved or downloaded, which shaves off even more time. Does DigiCamControl have such a feature?

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

Re: Command Line Utility Speed

Post by Duka Istvan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:23 am

You should try the RemoteUtility http://digicamcontrol.com/doc/userguide/remoteutil which is much faster and can execute more advanced commands only drawback is the main application should be active in the background