DigiCam will not open

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
bank47

DigiCam will not open

Post by bank47 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:14 pm

If I use DigiCam once and close the program, then when I try to reopen it again it will not open, no matter what. I have to restart my PC, any help please?
Thanks.

DigiCam will not open

Advertisment

George_M

Re: DigiCam will not open

Post by George_M » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:31 pm

Camera: Nikon D810
dCC ver. 2.1.0.6
Previous versions: 2.1.0.0 (did not work either); 2.0.69.0 (worked fine); 2.0.49.0 (worked fine).
Two most recent versions either load forever without ever loading or hang the system completely, requiring a reboot. If the camera is connected and turned on, the system hangs as soon as the program is launched. Tried everything in the forum, tried everything in my bag of repairs (except System Restore), nothing worked.
Oddly, there is no entry in the registry for this program. Also, "Uninstalling" the program leaves tons of program records behind, including some that cannot be deleted. Restarting the system after each repair attempt does no good.
Please help. The program is a marvel when it works. I use it for portrait photography, and without it I am lost. Nothing compares with the ability to review images on a laptop in real time for getting desired results.

bank47

Post by bank47 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:38 am

Just updated my DigiCam with latest update, but the same problem, that is; it will not reopen once it is close until I have to restart my computer.

George_M

Re: DigiCam will not open SOLUTION

Post by George_M » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:49 pm

Solution:
After several uninstalls and re-installs, each time deleting all digiCamControl files, shutting down, and restarting, I went back to v2.0.69.0 and installed it. Bingo. Installed just fine, started fine, detected the camera fine, captured photos fine, I'm back in business. Note that after the install, upon first starting v2.0.69.0, I was prompted to upgrade to 2.1.0.0. Obviously I did not do that. Now, on subsequent restarts, the upgrade prompt no longer appears. There is obviously a bug in 2.1.0.0 and 2.1.0.6.

RobC1962

Post by RobC1962 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:35 pm

Had exactly the same issue with the latest 'stable' version on a new install. Could not uninstall the program, as it failed even after rebooting. I had to manually delete the program install folder and then edit the registry to uninstall the keys (2 of them as listed in the error log) to clear it out. Iinstalling the older v2.0.69.0 version worked flawlessly.

Not a good introduction to what looks to be a very useful piece of software.

jerryyyyyyyyyy

Post by jerryyyyyyyyyy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:57 am

Yeah, looks like I have rediscovered the wheel. No registry entries? I guess there must be setting files piled up somewhere. I am on 2.1.0.10 but wonder if I can find the old versions.