Stopped Saving Correctly [Error Filled Logs Added]

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
jerryyyyyyyyyy

Post by jerryyyyyyyyyy » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:58 am

Hi,

All was well saving 240s images in astrophotography all night using a narrow band Astronomik filter. The suddenly it only captures 1/3s images.... It is on bulb and I enter 240s in the Astrophotography section... and it does not work... just save 1/3s images!

I went so far as to uninstall thinking it might be corrupted, but that did not help. The settings were retained... guess they are in the registry.

Carefully looking at it I transiently see MTP Error... looking this up I see Media Transport Error... I am using the 2006 MS driver.... looks like there are dozens on entries here on this issue.... I guess I can remove the driver and see if it will reinstall correctly.... still not sure why it is not saving in the right place.... can I do a clean re-install? I did make a donation....

I am still getting the error. I removed the driver and it reinstalled. But at least I can see the full error message "Device MTP Error Code A0001". Google has little to say except some Samsung phones got this eror and recognized the phone as A0001 not the real name.

I found the logs and they have errors... this should help... if anyone can understand. There was a previous log from a couple days ago that had no errors.... up to a sudden change.... then shows the same errors as the most recent. I wonder if this was some Windows Update... I will try to decrypt.

This seems key..... wrong camera:

2020-08-03 20:46:10,197 [32]DEBUG DCC [(null)] - Error set property :500D

I have an 800D.... Canons are in the opposite format. Registry???????? :?:
Attachments
app.old.log
(151.21 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
app.log
(229.4 KiB) Downloaded 429 times

Advertisment

jerryyyyyyyyyy

Re: Stopped Saving Correctly [Error Filled Logs Added]

Post by jerryyyyyyyyyy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:55 am

Well, let me add a separate reply to show the evolution of the debugging. Since I have reinstalled the software without success, I took my work laptop up to my observatory with a fresh copy installed and got the same errors.... so I conclude it is either Windows 10 (unlikely or the rest of the world would be having problems) or it is some setting within the camera.... these are most of the settings... you can see with the red arrow the capture succeeds once at 6s then falls back to doing 1/3s....
2020-08-05 18_49_54-Observatory3s.jpg
2020-08-05 18_49_54-Observatory3s.jpg (99.92 KiB) Viewed 4357 times

jerryyyyyyyyyy

Re: Stopped Saving Correctly [Error Filled Logs Added]

Post by jerryyyyyyyyyy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:58 am

Well, not much of a response here. I bought BackYard Nikon and also have problems. Cannot understand why this worked for about a month and no longer. I guess that is like a hardware problem until proven otherwise. But I have the USB cable directly attached to two different computers and I get the same problem. It will do one image at 240s and then everyone after that is 1/3 of a second..... at least this downloads the wrong file. BYN does not make it with the files....