Cannot connect to camera on one comp but can with another

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
Ashley

Post by Ashley » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi there,I am running windows 10 professional  on one computer and i can connect fine to my D5100.  All is good.My laptop, running windows 10 home, i cannot see or make any form of contact with my camera?I've installed Zadig, in an attempt to make ontact, and i have tried to enable and disable the native drivers.  Still no joy.running DSLR dashboard is fine and i can control the camera with no issues.Any ideas peopleAshley 

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

If you use the latest beta (1

Post by Duka Istvan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:39 pm

If you use the latest beta (1.3.32) there is a menu Camera->Refresh Camera list. If still not working please send your log file (Menu->Help->Send log file)

freiform

Hi Ashley, 

Post by freiform » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Hi Ashley, I have a similar issue with my D3100 (see a couple threads below) and since nobody replied, I would be interested in any feedback and/or information you can provide. Thanks. 

Ashley

Hi freiform,

Post by Ashley » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi freiform,I've sent both logs file back and are awaiting a fix.I've had a go at running via Win 7 under compatability mode, but still no joy.That said.  when i put in the SD card, it thinks it is the camera?Ash 

Duka Istvan

The DSLR dashboard  required

Post by Duka Istvan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:36 pm

The DSLR dashboard  required special windows driver to connect cameras under windows, so if is working then that driver is used, but that driver not compatible with dCC.  http://dslrdashboard.info/windows-insta ... sb-driver/ 

Ashley

Hi Duka,

Post by Ashley » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi Duka, Still no joy.  I've tried all of the driver setting on there.   looking in device manager, under the USB section for my camera i cannot see the windows related driver when i try and choise one when doing a driver update and picking from a list.Is there another version of the usb driver i can use other than zadig? or can i force windows to use the winusb (v6.1.7600.16385).  if so where do in find this single file.  I've had a quick look and i was back to where i started. Ash Ash

freiform

I never installed other

Post by freiform » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:50 am

I never installed other drivers using e.g. the Zadig utility. The proplems occur on a fresh Win10 installation (VMware). On another Win10 installation (native), DCC is running. On the other Hand, DCC is running on Win7 under VMware. Strange.. 

Duka Istvan

@freiform i have same problem

Post by Duka Istvan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:29 pm

@freiform i have same problem on Windows 10 Home edition , but using Menu->Camera->Refresh camera list solve the problem, i thing this is something related to wia drivers