SLC bad response during first run  [SOLVED]

Report bugs and errors to the digiCamControl development team.
Wolsley

SLC bad response during first run  [SOLVED]

Post by Wolsley » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:39 pm

I am using CameraControlRemoteCmd.exe to synchronize my application with DCC. I am using the "get lastcaptured" to detect when the DCC astro module is capturing. When I first run DCC and I have not captured a photo yet I get the response

:;response:"-";

which is the same response I get when DCC is capturing. This causes my application to believe that DCC is capturing an image when no capture is in progress. When the first capture is being performed the response remains unchanged such that I cannot detect the first capture. Once the first capture had been performed this issue goes away and I can once again trust the "-" response to indicate a capture is in progress.

Can you change the initial behavior of the "get lastcaptured" command so that it responds with something different than "-" when DCC first runs. Alternately, if there is another way to detect that no capture has been performed, can you let me know how to detect that case.

Thank-you

Peter

SLC bad response during first run  [SOLVED]

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

Re: SLC bad response during first run

Post by Duka Istvan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:14 pm

Hi, check this version https://s3.amazonaws.com/download.digic ... 0.19.0.exe before first capture will retunr ? not -

Wolsley

Post by Wolsley » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:21 am

When I run V2.0.19.0 I get the splash screen and then it hangs and goes no further. I sent error logs. It takes a long time to install spending a lot of time on the .NET 4.6 installation. The error message I got indicated that some modules were missing.

Peter

Duka Istvan

Post by Duka Istvan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:57 am

Which windows do you use ? You can install .net 4.6 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48130 and uninstall the application from control panel and install it again.

Wolsley

Post by Wolsley » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:34 am

I repaired the .NET 4.6 using the link you provided. I then completely uninstalled DCC and installed V2.0.19.0 without issue. Program ran first time without issue. New Logic works perfectly for me. I especially like the fact that if the camera is disconnected and then reconnected you once again display ?.

Thank-you very much

Peter
P.S. I am using Win8.1 (I did try updating to Win10 about six months ago but the Ethernet drivers didn't work correctly.)

guizsantos

Post by guizsantos » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:32 am

Dear Wolsley,

I've been trying to get in touch with you but as I'm a new user I am unable to send private messages, therefore I was forced to used a thread as means for communication. I saw at a much older post regarding PHD Guiding that you use LabVIEW, I need to use a DSRL camera with LabVIEW and so far the best open source software I've found is digiCamControl but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the image acquired by digiCamControl in the LabVIEW interface, if you can, would you tell me how did you manage it?

Best regards,

And again, sorry for posting this here.

Duka Istvan

Post by Duka Istvan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:32 am

To send a private message you can use our contact form http://digicamcontrol.com/contact.
The simplest way to communicate with the application is to use the remote command utility http://digicamcontrol.com/doc/userguide/remoteutil

calli

Post by calli » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:26 pm

I would suggest a blocking "get lastcaptured". Often I need to get the result, and then need to poll until I get something other than "-". Or is there already some trick or undocumented (or unread/unfound by me) trick?

Best,
Carsten