DCC and D800 live view zoom

Report bugs and errors to the digiCamControl development team.
johnplush

Post by johnplush » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:30 pm

When choosing a focus area in Live View (by positioning the green rectangle over the bit to focus on), the program selects a spot way off to the left and higher than the position chosen. I have tested this effect and concluded that when it reads where the green rectangle is, it is doing so with reference to a frame exactly 1/4 of the frame actually shown on screen. So if I select the bottom right-hand corner as the focus point, the program instead focusses on a point dead centre of the displayed image. If I choose a point at the bottom-centre of the displayed image it focusses on a point half-way-up the displayed image, and one-quarter of the width to the left of centre. It is thus impossible to focus on a point anywhere to the right of or below the centre of the image displayed from my Nikon D800!
Is this usual? Is there a work-around? Thanks.

Advertisment

giselher_ii

Re: DCC and D800 live view zoom

Post by giselher_ii » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:34 pm

It appears that I have the same problem (D800, 2.0.77.0). When I place the green frame in the bottom-right corner of the live view screen, the focus point is centered. It's exactly the same behaviour as johnplush describes.