CameraControlRemoteCmd.exe hangs

Report bugs and errors to the digiCamControl development team.
Wolsley

Post by Wolsley » Wed May 24, 2017 12:11 am

Duka,
I have been using CameraControlRemoteCmd with it's "get lastcaptured" option to allow an app I am developing to know when a capture is in progress and what the filename will be. I pole using this command every second. Over the past few weeks I have been noticing that CameraControlRemoteCmd seems to randomly hang which then causes my app to hang. Is there something else I can use or maybe something else I can do to help you figure out what is happening. It's very strange...I have been using this method for almost a year now with close to 100 hours of operation. I am running Win10 on a Dell laptop. DCC is connected to my Nikon D5300. I have tried DCCV2.0.69.0 and DCCV2.0.49.0 with the same results. V2.0.49.0 may be slightly better.

Regards

Peter

Advertisment

admin
Site Admin

Re: CameraControlRemoteCmd.exe hangs

Post by admin » Wed May 24, 2017 8:39 am

Please send your log file (Menu=>Help=>Send log file)

Wolsley

Post by Wolsley » Thu May 25, 2017 3:22 am

OK...I sent a log file just now. CameraControlRemoteCmd.exe had just hung so I closed DCC. I then re-opened DCC and sent the log file. I looked at the active task manager and it shows the app digiCamControl (32 bit) and also two background processes...
CameraControlRemoteCmd (32 bit)
CameraMonitor Application (32 bit)

If I end the CameraControlRemoteCmd task my app will recover but I suspect it will hang again after a few minutes.

Peter

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 25, 2017 9:38 am

Unfortunately i don't find anything in log file which can explain the cause of the hang. I need somehow to reproduce this error to find the source of the hang,but no luck yet.

I don't know if your app can call url commands,if yes you can try to use the application webinterface (enable it http://digicamcontrol.com/doc/userguide/web) and use following url
http://localhost:5513/?slc=get&param1=l ... ed&param2=

Wolsley

Post by Wolsley » Thu May 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Yes my app can call url commands. I have already looked into using this approach. The CameraControlRemoteCmd approach was working quite well for me and in the past few weeks it has begun to fail. I can only guess that it may be due to my antivirus software or maybe a recent windows update. No error messages are appearing to point me in a particular direction so I will do a little poking around and I will recode my app to use the url commands. I use Bitdefender antivirus which has been very good.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 25, 2017 5:57 pm

A another cause can be the CameraMonitor Application which isn't belong to digicamcontrol package