Auto Focus don't work on D60

Report bugs and errors to the digiCamControl development team.
yauman

Post by yauman » Mon May 20, 2013 10:37 pm

As posted in previous messages, I got the program to work for the D60 both under Windows 7 running in my Dell D820 Latitude and in my Apple MacBookPro running Windows 7 under VM Fusion. Fantastic.

However, there's a problem with AutoFocus. The program doesn't seem to give time for the autofocus to get into focus so the pictures taken if not already focused are slightly blurred. If I hook up to the program and shoot manually, ie use the camera's shutter button, pictures taken are in focus (test done on my Dell Laptop) But if I take the same shot with the trigger button in the program, the picture is not in focus - if it's not already in focus to start with.

I've tested this under many situations with two different lenses - a 50mm Nikon F1.8 Prime and a Tamron 18-270mm zoom. First point to a near object (about 5ft away and autofocus to it. Then point to a distant object approx 20ft forcing the camera to autofocus to the new distant. It's repeatable - if I use the camera shutter button, the image comes out focused, if I use the program's trigger, it's slightly out of focus - yes the lenses did refocus but I suspect that the program didn't give the camera time to settle in with the focus. I've also repeated this with all the 3 modes of autofocusing - spot, center-balance and multi-spot. Same result.

Advertisment