Problems of Nomenclature with Multiples Cameras

Report bugs and errors to the digiCamControl development team.
Bruce Tajtelbom

Post by Bruce Tajtelbom » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Hello Duka Istvan,

Thank you very much for your excellent software. I use it with great pleasure to pilot 22 Canon 200D with 50mm 1.8 STM in a face scan rig that I create alone at home (To eventually create an agency of digitized actors). I'm coming to you to find out if there's a solution for a little problem I have during a continuous shooting with external triggers (necessary to make photometric shots (6 shots for 3 facial expressions), and also because I make a set of FACS pretty complete, almost 90 shots, knowing that I have a number of flash synchro failures on a third of the shots).

I don't ask that the pictures be stored on the camera but directly downloaded from the cache memory of the different cameras.
Although I dispatch all the devices on 4 quality Hubs 3.0 and 3 usb 3.0 controllers (2 USb 3.0 PCI-E cards and the internal controller of the motherboard), the whole does not load at the same time but in two times (16 and 6 or 14 and 8).

Until then, everything is fine, it's in the order of the downloaded images that I have a little problem.

At first I can't change the time of the camera using DigicamControl, so I used the Canon software to set the exact same time on all cameras, then I uninstalled it since it requires to open (without finding a contrary option) when connecting one or more cameras.

I suspect that the flash sync problem comes from the 200D firmware, indeed, although I am in manual focus, it still seems to indicate that the focus is good and imperatively tries to warn the user without being able to find an option that disables the function. The burst does not work well and the option that disables autofocus in DigicamControl seems to face a problem related to the firmware of the devices, moreover the bursts work without connections.

All this remains manageable, even if it takes more time during the scan session.

You should also know that for the management of my pipe in python, I must have non-unique file names, for each shot, each file relative to a camera must always have the same name (CAM01.cr2, CAM02.cr2, etc...).. We're almost there:)

When DigicamControl loads images from cameras, it randomly reverses the shooting order (and thus the full name[Camera Counter 3 digit]\[Camera Name]). This inevitably poses a problem since I cannot make gusts. I also tried[Camera Name]_[Original Filename] (to be able to sort in python next to it), but here it's the same, the order inversion is also in the original name a priori. So, third try, I tried this[Exif.Image.DateTime]\[Camera Name], the problem remains the same, the exif of the image indicates the download time and no shooting. Besides, in python I often go to look for the shooting dates and there I get stuck to identify exactly the shot.

I thank you very much for the time you will take to answer me and could show you the results in image that I obtain...

Sincerely

Bruce Tajtelbom

Advertisment

Bruce Tajtelbom

Re: Problems of Nomenclature with Multiples Cameras

Post by Bruce Tajtelbom » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:05 pm

Hello what is the meaning of the little red cross on the post?