cannot get 8k video recording or any recording past 7 frames

Report bugs and errors to the digiCamControl development team.
legoruss1

Post by legoruss1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:06 pm

the stable version of digicam control does not allow video recording past 7 frames. my camera is also 32.8 megapixel, so i would like to record at 8k, preferably with audio, but that can come later. i have no problem recording the 7 frames, but if someone could provide a solution, i will advertise this product on the Blackmagic DaVinci forums, because this product eliminates having to purchase a black magic capture card. gpu acceleration for 8k capture would be nice as well. I am recording on a Nikon Keymission 360 and doing 8k 360 vr timelapses with this software in its current state.please help (i am using parrellel file transfer which gets near 2 gigabits a second over usb 2.0

another issue: please add a or allow a record to pc only option. if it is there, it is hidden. and fix the overwrite or delete after transfer option. after my card fills (128 gb) the recording stops. I am using the default WIA drivers included in this program. live view is not available (not a big deal. ). Please fix,or help me fix. This program is amazing

Advertisment

legoruss1

Re: cannot get 8k video recording or any recording past 7 frames

Post by legoruss1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:40 pm

a few tidbits about the keymission 360. it uses wia drivers.It has two sensors, currently programmed to take one image,no physical shutter.It takes equiretangular images,and records 4k 360 vr video. it is capable of 8k images,which are gourgeous.it is water proof 60 ft with the standard lens covers.and can output 1080p raw over hdmi (the online manual has info on this). the current bitrate for the 4k video is around 80 megabits a second.