Transfer

Use this forum to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features
pamadini

Transfer

Post by pamadini » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:06 pm

I connected my Nikon D3200 camera to my laptop through USB cable, DigiCamControl is already installed. In the right menu of the software I see "Transfer" field where I can select "Save to PC and SD" and "Save only to SD".............. do you know if it is possible to "Save only to PC" ?

Transfer

Advertisment

efrank

Transfer RAW vs Jpeg

Post by efrank » Wed May 22, 2013 2:51 am

Hi!
First of all, I want to tanks you for your great work. This software is amazing!
I have experiment yet just few options, but all seems promising...
I want to suggest to add, if it possible, the option of choosing the type of format to be download on the PC for previewing. I think it wil be interesting to be able to download only jpegs on pc while leaving RAW file on SD card. It appears to me that it will be a faster processing option.
Again, thank you very much

Subsoma

Hi there,

Post by Subsoma » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:48 am

Hi there,

Efrank's suggestion to allow separate Raw / Jpeg download would be very helpful.

Also a split out into subfolders by file type would be v.useful when downloading.

For example could you add a "create subfolder by file type" function for the target download path in the Session control panel?

Eg. $C\$X creates per shot numbered folders with numbered cameras inside. With the above function enabled additional subfolders would be generated within each numbered folder that could be named Jpg or Raw, inside which are the numbered camera images relating to that file type.

Duka Istvan

I will implement this two

Post by Duka Istvan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:48 am

I will implement this two option in next version 

Duka Istvan

A test version https://dl

Post by Duka Istvan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:29 pm

A test version https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/409 ... .0.577.exe in session edit a new option to download only the jpg if photos are store in camera card tooa new template in file name creation $Type, can be use like $C\$Type\$X

Subsoma

Thanks Duka, will test tomorrow.

Post by Subsoma » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:59 am

Thanks Duka, will test tomorrow.

Subsoma

A test version

Post by Subsoma » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi Duka,

The subfolders work. However if you shoot with RAW files there is an offset of 1 folder when downloading using a Counter.

I am testing with two cameras and have use individual camera counters enabled.

For example if I set file name creation to $Type\$C\$X, have all counters set to 1 and take a shot, two folders are generated "Raw" & "Jpg" each of which contains a subfolder called 00001 - all this is correct. However, in the "Raw" folder there will also be a second folder called 00002. Jpegs are correctly downloaded to 00001 but Raw files are downloaded to 00002 and folder 00001 in the Raw folder remains empty. This generates a counter offset of 1 between Raw and Jpeg files for the same shot.

If I go the other way e.g. $C\$Type\$X the download immediately generates two folders 00001 and 00002. It puts the Jpegs for the first shot in 00001 and the Raw files of the first shot in 00002. Then for subsequent shots it puts the Jepgs into the previous take's folder e.g 00002 and makes a new numbered folder for the Raw files e.g. 00003 - it still creates an offset of 1 but also mixes different shots together.

I suspect it is related to the RAW file numbering issue you're looking into in the Bug report thread. FYI. downloading to separate RAW & Jpg folders seems to have fixed the random numbering of camera counters, we are just left with this one folder offset when downloading / naming this way.

Download only Jpegs works well. However, then when you want to go back and download Raw files for specific shots and you are shooting multi-cam, you have to set the counter for each connected camera to match the take number you are wanting to download. In the multi-cam window I think a Set Counters to a value of X button & field would be good alongside the existing Reset Counters button.

I had a couple of crashes today (one bluescreen but I had the multiple transfer option enabled in settings). Also experienced a crash when the cameras were being polled from the download window after shooting to card.

Log & pics attached.

Many thanks!

Duka Istvan

Try this version https://dl

Post by Duka Istvan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:20 pm

Try this version https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/409 ... .0.581.exe almost everytime the bluescreen is related to some hardware error try to update camera raw codec. About the crashes you can change the card in your camera to check if the transfer crash is related to card or not. Thanks for texting. 

Subsoma

1.0.581 - works well

Post by Subsoma » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi Duka,

I've tested the download with up to four cameras and it works well. The Counter between Raw & Jpeg files now matches. I did find one small bug which is if you set camera counters to anything other than zero "0" and then download, you get two additional numbered folders before the actual folder containing the Raw files.

e.g I set camera counters to a value of 1 and take a shot, three folders are created: 00002, 00003, 00004 - the first two folders are empty and 00004 contains the Raw files, on the Jpeg side only one folder is created and this too is called 00004 and contains the correct amount of Jpegs - so they at least match, and as mentioned if the camera counters are set to zero it's not even a problem. (Pic attached).

Thanks!