unlock the D500

Use this forum to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features
wirelessShooter

unlock the D500

Post by wirelessShooter » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:55 pm

As everyone knows, the D500 Wifi, while full-featured, is useable only in conjunction with Snapbridge.

It would be very, very interesting to have digicamcontrol use a tablet's bluetooth to replicate this - to turn WiFi on - and then to control etc. the camera through WiFi.

AirNef has already figured out a "kludge" solution - something more-seamless would be perfect: http://testcams.com/airnef/#SnapBridge

I'd be happy to see that in "branded" versions of digicamcontrol, in other words, paid versions. I'd be happier if it was free, of course, but it's worth hard cash. I would really like to get rid of my MR3040 with the D500, and so would a lot of other people.

unlock the D500

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

Re: unlock the D500

Post by Duka Istvan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:46 pm

If i know right the Snapbridge use Bluetooth for communication and not wifi. If a smartphone can communicate with it sure can be made a windows tablet to do same, but i don't have a camera with Snapbridge so will be hard to implement this feature without testing it.

wirelessShooter

Re: unlock the D500

Post by wirelessShooter » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:06 pm

SnapBridge uses bluetooth and wifi. Bluetooth for the initial connection, then wifi for transfer (faster). If you check the link I included, it describes the process.

But yes, if you don't have a snapbridge-enabled camera, it would be impossible to develop.