Astro features for digicamControl (PhD guiding)

Use this forum to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features
Xplode

DSUSB light changes from red

Post by Xplode » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:29 pm

DSUSB light changes from red to green, camera display turns off, but doesn't actually activate the shutter.I have tested and verified that the setup works in Maxim DL.Deleted the old log file and made a new one which i attached.

DSUSB light changes from red

Advertisment

Xplode

I tried it with DSUSBCHECK

Post by Xplode » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:49 pm

I tried it with DSUSBCHECK now and it doesn't work like it should there either.Guess that has to be fixed before you can get it working.I'll contact shoestring astronomy

Xplode

Got it working in DSUSBCHECK

Post by Xplode » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Got it working in DSUSBCHECK now.I had to first push open shutter, assert AF , deassert AF, close shutter for an exposure to work.I guess you only activate what corresponds to open shutter because that turns of the screen just as what happends in digicamcontrol?Hope this helps to get it working :)

Duka Istvan

Check this : https://dl

Post by Duka Istvan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:00 pm

Check this : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/409 ... .0.664.exe after shutter open i set the AF too, hope it is working. 

Xplode

BULB with DSUSB works!!

Post by Xplode » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:11 am

BULB with DSUSB works!! I have found  2 small problems.Exposures seems to be 1 sec too long.The BULB window is always on top even if "stay on top" isn't checked. Thanks for fixing this so fast :)

Duka Istvan

Thanks for testing, i will

Post by Duka Istvan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:24 am

Thanks for testing, i will fix the other problem in next version 

whwang

Thank you, Duka.  I will find

Post by whwang » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:16 pm

Thank you, Duka.  I will find time to test it.Kuulapaa, your picture is wonderful.

D600

Feature request

Post by D600 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:58 pm

I suggest ASCOM support for the DigiCamControl Pro, all these features that are requested does already exsist in other softwares that are not able to control the camera correctly as the DigiCamControl Pro does. So With a ASCOM support it would be great to use it with for example Maxim DL or other softwares. http://ascom-standards.org/ Thanks in advanceD600

Duka Istvan

After first look don't seems

Post by Duka Istvan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:18 pm

After first look don't seems to hard to implement such a support, but i don't have any required hardware to test it .But you can explain how do you want use/work this feature.

D600

Hello

Post by D600 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:39 pm

HelloI had to think about what was important to the ASCOM addon sorry for late answer. I use Maxim DL for astrophotagraphy but that program have very bad support for Nikon cameras, especially my D600 doesn't work like it should. Those two functions that I want in ASCOM is to control the camera with bulb mode and control the focus motor in the camera, just do the focus driver like it would behave like stepper motor focuser. Then it would be possible to do a focus V-curve to achive the perfect focus even with a camera lens.There are lot of other programs that can control cameras thorugh ASCOM but I am not familiar with those.Maybe it is easier to implement dithering thorugh ASCOM when using PHD for guideing? ASCOM is a well known standard for astronomy and many devices are using it.