Shorter or configurable serial shutter release time

Use this forum to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features
craigthom

Post by craigthom » Tue May 23, 2017 10:48 pm

It appears that my attempt to get a capture faster than about one a second is the length of time the serial shutter release takes. I am assuming that the serial shutter release hits RTS for a second or so.

I would very much like that value to be shorter. If there's a chance with some cameras that a shorter time won't work, then I'd like it to be configurable, so I can figure out for myself what the shortest time necessary is.

Advertisment

admin
Site Admin

Re: Shorter or configurable serial shutter release time

Post by admin » Wed May 24, 2017 9:04 am

Hi, check this version https://s3.amazonaws.com/download.digic ... 0.72.6.exe i added option to set the delay in settings external device. This feature not tested so may contain bugs.
Please report back if is working or not.

craigthom

Post by craigthom » Wed May 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Thank you! I'll check it out.

craigthom

Post by craigthom » Wed May 24, 2017 5:30 pm

That seems to do the trick.

I set my 7D for manual focus, the "Wait for Focus" to 0, and the "Wait for Capture" to 75.

It took some experimenting with the delay in this script and this "Wait for Capture" value to avoid missing captures.

set x 0

while {$x < 100} {
dcc capture
after 150
set x [expr {$x + 1}]
}

It took forty seconds to run, for 2.5 captures per second. I know my camera's buffer can handle a bit more, but I think this is perfectly reasonable.

Thanks!