Focus stacking

Use this forum to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features
Didier

Focus stacking

Post by Didier » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:27 pm

I tried using focus stacking with digiCamControl and I didn't succeed in getting good results.
It will be nice to memorize the near focus point and the far focus point, enter the number or images to do and then to trigger from near to far.
Didier

Focus stacking

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

Hi, i just yesterday i tryed

Post by Duka Istvan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi, i just yesterday i tryed this feature and for me worket (i found two minor bugs). Some time ago i made a litle tutorial : http://nccsoftware.blogspot.ro/2012/06/ ... cking.html in mean time the application got more features but basically the tutorial should be fine. I will try to remade this toturial with latest version.  

TomL

Focus Stacking

Post by TomL » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:27 pm

I also am having trouble with focus stacking. I followed you tutorial at http://nccsoftware.blogspot.ro/2012/06/ ... cking.html to the letter, but what is happening is that that whatever number of photos I select all capture at the last (nearest) focus point. Also, the numbers between the two lock icons is always " 0/0 ". Perhaps I don't understand the logic, but it seems to me that if you select a near point and a far point, there are a finite number of steps between them. Therefore, the number of photos and focus step sliders should be inversely proportional to one another. In other words, changing one should automatically change the other. If it is working for you, perhaps you could do another tutorial with more details; I must be missing something somewhere.

TomL

More info

Post by TomL » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Thought I would give you a little more information. I am using a Nikon D7000 with a 60mm Micro-Nikkor f/2.8D. I forgot to mention that sometimes it doesn't respond to the program' s manual focus buttons. I get this error message: "unable to focus. MTP device busy"

Duka Istvan

The MTp busy command it is

Post by Duka Istvan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:02 pm

The MTp busy command it is normal.I try to summarize the steps :First try to find (using manual focus buttons) the farest focus point, hit the let lock button after that find the closest point and hit the right lock button, in middle you should see something like 1200/1200 after that hit the |<   after that you can start the focus stacking.