How do I connect multiple Canon EOS 2000D?

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
CoolPhotos

Post by CoolPhotos » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:06 pm

Hi there,
Thanks for a great software! Tested it with a single Canon EOS 250D, works like a charm! :)

I have a couple of questions...

I'd like to connect 6 or 7 Canon cameras (EOS 2000 + EOS 250D) to a single laptop USB.

I don't get how to do that. In the manual, is says I need to chain-connect multiple USB hubs... What does that mean? Camera 1 goes into USB hub 1, that goes into the PC. Camera 2 goes into USB hub 2, that goes into USB hub 1... Is that it? A USB hub costs a lot more than a cable, so just wanted to be sure how this is done. Or was it a single hub and all cams connected to that hub?

I will use an external trigger for taking the photos (all cams at the same time), and just save to memory cards on each camera. But when I'm done, I'd like to transfer ALL photos from all cameras to the laptop. Will the above connection allow me to do that at the same time? Or is it better to transfer one camera at the time? (Without flipping cables that is).

Has anyone tested multiple cams to a single USB laptop port?

Appreciate any help!

Advertisment

admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I connect multiple Canon EOS 2000D?

Post by admin » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:39 pm

You need to use a usb hub something like that : https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Transfe ... 9hdGY&th=1
You can transfer after photos after capture, manually using photo download function but you can transfer photos from all camera in same time