Overlay not working

Report bugs and errors to the digiCamControl development team.
Pix29

Overlay not working

Post by Pix29 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:31 pm

Hi! I am new to this software, My Overlay option is not working, if it is set to 0, the camera moves around so does the image on screen, but as soon it is greater than 0, like 1 or 10 or 56 etc (transparency) the camera freezes, and there is no overlay.
I have a sony a6000 connected via wi fi.

Overlay not working

Advertisment

Mikmoomamimocki

Re: Overlay not working

Post by Mikmoomamimocki » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:40 am

I have the same issue. Just downloaded it a few days ago. I'm trying to do some stop-motion by using the overlay feature as an onionskin, but it just doesn't work. I tried with a regular file image in a folder, but that also didn't work. It just freezes the live view no matter what if the transparency is above 0.

common-greb

Post by common-greb » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:45 am

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

stefan

Post by stefan » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:06 pm

I have the same problem. One day ago I connected my 70D to my computer and it worked as normal. Since yesterday I cannot use the overlay. When I set the transperancy above 0% the picture freezes. I tested older versions of digicamcontrol and tested it also on another computer. Every time its the same. Has anybody an idea of an solution?

stilmant

Post by stilmant » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:58 pm

Same Here. Strange we have all that error is same period.
But I'm new. are we all noobs and missing something?

Anyway from log file the error occurring in that situation.
2024-03-30 22:46:56,445 [26]ERROR DCC [(null)] - System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapContext..ctor(WriteableBitmap writeableBitmap, ReadWriteMode mode) in D:\Git\Private\WriteableBitmapEx\Source\WriteableBitmapEx\BitmapContext.cs:line 151
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.WriteableBitmapContextExtensions.GetBitmapContext(WriteableBitmap bmp, ReadWriteMode mode) in D:\Git\Private\WriteableBitmapEx\Source\WriteableBitmapEx\WriteableBitmapContextExtensions.cs:line 52
at CameraControl.Core.Wpf.WriteableBitmapExtensionsLocal.Blit(WriteableBitmap bmp, Rect destRect, WriteableBitmap source, Rect sourceRect, Color color, BlendMode blendMode) in C:\Work\VS\CameraControl\CameraControl.Core\Wpf\WriteableBitmapExtensionsLocal.cs:line 17
at CameraControl.ViewModel.LiveViewViewModel.DrawGrid(WriteableBitmap writeableBitmap) in C:\Work\VS\CameraControl\CameraControl\ViewModel\LiveViewViewModel.cs:line 2285
at CameraControl.ViewModel.LiveViewViewModel.ProcessLiveView(Bitmap bmp) in C:\Work\VS\CameraControl\CameraControl\ViewModel\LiveViewViewModel.cs:line 2185
at CameraControl.ViewModel.LiveViewViewModel.GetLiveImageData() in C:\Work\VS\CameraControl\CameraControl\ViewModel\LiveViewViewModel.cs:line 2067

I wanted to check in source code but is it true that source is not updated since... 10 years?