PHD Guiding in Astronomy Module

General Discussion about digiCamControl and related photography techniques.
Richard_H

Post by Richard_H » Fri May 12, 2017 2:19 am

I'm not sure how to setup the PHD guiding in the Astronomy module. There are five different modes to choose from the drop down menu and the wait time I can figure out. What do each of the modes mean? How does the Astronomy module communicate with the Celestron EQ motorized GoTo mount? Or any other EG GoTo mount?

I have all of my equipment attached to the computer to take long exposures but not sure how the astronomy module works when it tells the mount to keep track of the star while imaging with this software. I know how it communicates with other advance astronomy packages but have not figured out DigiCamControl Astronomy module. Any help[ would be appreciated. :?:

Advertisment

theChef613

Re: PHD Guiding in Astronomy Module

Post by theChef613 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:11 pm

I am having the same issue... any help would be appreciated!

deansj

Post by deansj » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:51 pm

Well, having just joined the discussion group, I too am looking for ways to exploit PHD guiding for longer exposure astrophotography. Based on basic knowledge accumulated to date, I expect that DCC senses subtle guide star movements between multiple exposures and sends commands to the telescope mount to move accordingly. However this is a bit of a guess. I would be happy to collaborate. I use a Celestron SE mount that has an autoguide port (ST4). However, I am not sure how to connect too DCC for communications between the software and the mount. Any thoughts fellow users?

John

rutukate

Post by rutukate » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Thanks for the information.

tamini

Post by tamini » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:43 am

really great information.