Send commands to arduino and trigger Tcl script from commands sent by Arduino

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
tfmenard

Post by tfmenard » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:14 am

Hi, I am very new to Digicamcontrol.
I want to use it specifically to do a macrophotography where I need to sync my Dslr camera with an arduino.
I specifically need the ability to dynamically change my camera settings depending on inputs sent by an arduino.

Here is what I need to do inside of digicamcontrol:
-Send command to arduino to move the camera to a certain position.
-Receive arduino commands and change camera settings according to inputs in the commands
-Send command to camera to take a photo
-loop

I am thinking that a way to do it would be a Tcl script that loops through all the captures and receives information from the arduino at each loop iteration by fetching from the Serial port.
The information received could be something like "ChangeCameraSettings: f-Number-16, Shutter-Speed-1/60".
Then I could send commands to the arduino through the same serial port with commands like "Move: x-1.0, y-2.0"

Though, in the Digicamcontrol 2.0.69.0 Beta version, the Arduino plugin does not even seem to have options to do such things.
Any commands can be sent to the arduino, but it seems the commands cannot be used in a script.
Also, only a few actions can be taken when receving commands from an arduino.
Is there a way to create custom actions that could change my camera settings from commands received ?

Since I am new to digicamcontrol, maybe I am not understanding this plugin well.
I'd like to know if my solution is feasible and/or some other solutions on how to use digicamcontrol to implement this macrophotography job.

Advertisment