Nikon D600 shutter feature

Use this forum to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features
Jon-Sverre

Post by Jon-Sverre » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi,

I first want to say that you have created a very nice and useful software for photo enthusiasts. It works with all m,y Nikons (D70, D80, D5100 and D600). Great work.

I am working on high magnification macro with stacking. In this context it would be very usefull to use the MUP shutter control on the D600. Ideally it should be possible to set some time delay between mirror up and shutter movement. It would be great if you could include something like this in a future version.

By the way I have spread the information in my macrophotography network (www.makrofoto.se, all in Swedish).

Best regards,
Jon-Sverre

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

The camera not support

Post by Duka Istvan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:27 pm

The camera not support capturing via PC and capture mode set to Mirror Up (automatically will swich back to nomar capture), but you can use Quite mode which is some sort a automatic mirror up, the camera after mirror up will wait aproximative 1 sec and after that make the capture.This option can set if you togle the small arrow next to exposure indicator but first you need to set Camera locked to ON.  Try this version : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/40987577/NCC/d ... .9.490.exe

Martin Joergensen

Using the camera release button

Post by Martin Joergensen » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:45 pm

Jon-Sverre,You can also use Mup and the camera's exposure button (or a normal remote trigger). With the camera connected to the pc and digiCamControl running you will still get the image into the program. This will probably not work for focus stacking, but for single images it does lift the mirror on first button press and take the picture on the second.Martin

Jon-Sverre

MUO

Post by Jon-Sverre » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi Istvan,

Thank you ever so much. The MUP function and the Quiet mode works fine and setting Locked to On keeps the setting as long as I am shooting.

I am using a stacking setup where i have a Newport motoion controller with two microemeter actuators. They have a resolution on less than one micron. The system was scheduled for the srapheap at my employer when I rescued it. I can control the system using a simple VB for .Net program. I am using a Tamron SP Di 90mm macro lens with either a Raynox M250 (2X) or M202 (4x) lens. The system becomes very vibration sensitive and everything I can do to reduce vibrations gives a benefit.

Again, thank you.
Jon-Sverre