Nikon D3200 Live View Video Capture

Use this forum to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features
terrystapes

Post by terrystapes » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:32 am

Hi there, Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make Digicameracontrol support Live View Video Capture/Recording for the Nikon D3200 - I can do everything else but this?I am soon to start a very popular Youtube vlog and would be happy to mention/credit your software if you do this.  Many thanks, Terry

Advertisment

Michel

Focus stacking D3200

Post by Michel » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi Terry, If you succeed focus stacking with the D3200 could you let me know how you did it? For me it doesn't work.Thanks, - Michel

bostjan.vodnik

Me too!

Post by bostjan.vodnik » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Me too!We are youtubers and we need support for video recording and also streaming.Pease add this features for us. Thank you :)

webber

This software appeared to be

Post by webber » Wed May 21, 2014 12:20 pm

This software appeared to be an answer to my prayers as I have been looking for something to get a live view on my monitor from my d3200 BUT I cant record movies. PLEASE can you make it possible to record movies in live view as everything else works wonderfully but the whole programme becomes useless to me without this option. If it does still images fine why not movies PLEASE MAKE THIS POSSIBLE. I would pay good money for this software with the movie function enabled. More and more movie makers are turning to the dslr to shoot as the cost vs quality is excellent. PLEASE PLEASE FIX. Thanks

MalcolmL

Post by MalcolmL » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:49 am

Hello. The software you have here is nice.  Without too much difficulty I have already been able to setup and manipulate the camera as I would like.  This is also my first time with a digital SRL. When I have time to shoot, I still use film 8)I have the D3200 with a telescope mount which is fitted to a  microscope.  This works well, for photos, but is a little lacking in batery life for movies.  My question is, would it be possible to use the "livestream" of the preview mode as the datafeed and spood that onto the tethered PC?I understand that the video will not be of high quality, but it would be good enough for some applications. If better video is needed, then using the camera directly is the option.Regards,Malcolm. 

Dutch Brush

Re: Nikon D3200 Live View Video Capture

Post by Dutch Brush » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:22 am

I absolutely love your application. It has been a God send for so many, including myself. Having said that, is there anything we (your followers) could do to help you find a solution to enable the recording video feature with the Nikon D3200?

Duka Istvan

Re: Nikon D3200 Live View Video Capture

Post by Duka Istvan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Talk with Nikon or with your God to implement this feature in the camera firmware :)
Unfortunately nothing can be done ...

Timothyonete

Post by Timothyonete » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:09 pm

It looks like the Windows version has video capture, as demonstrated by one of the sample applications. The notes say that video capture is not currently supported for Linux / Unix.

Any plans for this any time soon? Thanks.