Live View Window - Buttons Drift Away

Report bugs and errors to the digiCamControl development team.
pmkelly

Post by pmkelly » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:24 pm

I posted over in Support but did not receive any replies; which feels like confirmation that this is a bug to be reported. I am unable to use the digiCamControl software on my high-resolution laptop because the Live View screen has buttons that "float out of view". When I launch the Live View pane, the interface shows a couple of buttons -- Capture and Preview -- that quickly float/drift out of view, and the live view image is never displayed. I could have sworn this worked for me once upon a time, but I've tried this recently with a few different versions, and they all exhibit this behavior. I am unable to use the software for Live View capture.

My tethered camera is a Nikon D850 with a USB 3.0 cable. My computer is a Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop with the 15.6” 4K Ultra HD InfinityEdge Touch Display.

Video of the issue: https://youtu.be/n5PTQ9dvMUM

Has anyone else seen this kind of issue before? How do I fix it?

Pat

Advertisment

pmkelly

Re: Live View Window - Buttons Drift Away

Post by pmkelly » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:32 am

After continued experimentation, I found what I believe is a fix/workaround. I am running on Windows 10. I first open the Properties window for the CameraControl.exe executable file:
s1.png
s1.png (62.18 KiB) Viewed 9262 times
Near the bottom of this pane, I click on the "Change high DPI settings" to bring up the following window:
s2.png
s2.png (96.6 KiB) Viewed 9262 times
From here, I went to the box at the bottom entitled "High DPI scaling override" and turned it on, selecting "System (Enhanced)" in the pulldown menu.

With the caveat that I have not tested this extensively, it seems to have solved the problem in the short term. The buttons now stay in place when I open the Live View window.

Not sure if this is something worth a fix in the installation, or perhaps a note in the documentation. Hopefully someone else finds this note useful.

Duka Istvan

Post by Duka Istvan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:56 am

Thanks for feedback

Hires Pixel

Post by Hires Pixel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:53 pm

doesn't works for me.
win10 - screen resolution 1920 x 1200

truematic

Post by truematic » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:59 am

@pmkelly For me, reducing Windows 10 scaling to 225% instead of the default 250% worked to keep the button and layout correct in live view.

Hires Pixel

Post by Hires Pixel » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:48 pm

i have the scaling size to 100%... no hope for me