Nikon D750 -- Liveview Not Working

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
JimS412

Post by JimS412 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:19 am

I am new to this software. I have a Nikon D750 with the latest 1.1.5 firmware.

The camera is tethered to my HP Spectra 360 4K laptop (Windows 10) with a USB cable.

The software recognizes the camera properly and seems to be fine.

But when I click on Liveview, the software spawns a new window, but that window is all gray, and there is absolutely no image from the camera in the Liveview window.

I am able to take pictures via the software. But I can't seem to get Liveview to work.

I have read the boards... And have reinstalle the software 3 times, because that worked for someone years ago with a Nikon... But did not work for me.

Advertisment

JimS412

Re: Nikon D750 -- Liveview Not Working

Post by JimS412 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:45 pm

Anyone got any input??? I am new... Am missing something? Has this been solved in another thread?

truematic

Post by truematic » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:38 am

I am also interested in your topic, as I shoot RAW with D300S and live view(LV) preview in Digicamcontrol works intermittently. I have some suggestions for you that helped me through my growing pains with Digicamcontrol(DCC):
  • If you are on Windows, go to your scaling options and try a % lower than 250% - I have a 4K screen and found that 250% scaling affected live view buttons and layout. For me, 225% works well for DCC and generally for my everyday use. Make sure to restart DCC after changing your scaling
  • If that does not work, check this topic for other scaling issues affecting LV and some possible resolutions:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2841
I hope these suggestions help you get to a solution.

Ellevie

Post by Ellevie » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:23 pm

Same problem here.
Downloaded the digicamcontrol program. It recognises my Nikon D90, but I cannot use the live view.
I get a grey screen with in the upper left corner the button auto focus. When I push the button, my D90 starts autofocussing but I do not get any images.
When I select the astrology button and then the live view, I do get images??
Can you please help?

Axen

Post by Axen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:38 pm

Hey. I had the same problem and may have a fix. My problem started the same as a live view window opening like it should but being just a nonexistent process with just a grey box when I mouse over the digicamcontrol icon in my taskbar.

I was able to fix this by mousing over the empty grey box item in the taskbar, right-clicking it, and hitting maximize. After I did this the live view box popped up in its correct form. Hope this helps.

Axen

Post by Axen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:49 pm

Hey. I had what I think is the same problem and may have a fix. My problem started the same as a live view window opening like it should but being just a nonexistent process with just a grey box when I mouse over the digicamcontrol icon in my taskbar.

I was able to fix this by mousing over the empty grey box item in the taskbar, right-clicking it, and hitting maximize. After I did this the live view box popped up in its correct form. Hope this helps.