Standalone library usage. How to begin?

Swappart

Post by Swappart » Sat May 25, 2019 9:47 pm

I'm trying to develop a custom application for my business. It doesn't need to do much. Essentially, I want to be able to scan a barcode, take a few pictures, then transmit them via a POST request to my servlet which will then process the request and store everything in my database as a draft. Of course, I'll also need the option to delete and retake a picture. I'm not a complete noob when it comes to software development, I've been writing my own Java applications since 2014, but I am completely new to WPF/.net/C, etc. My goal is just to simplify the task of adding new products to my inventory. Currently, I have to write an item number on a piece of paper and take pictures of it and the item. Then, when I'm adding the new item to my inventory I have to locate the picture with the part number I wrote down and the pictures which follow are the item's pictures. Then I select them and have to wait for them to upload before I can continue. As you can imagine, it is slow and frustrating. The new idea is that images are linked to a product by the barcode, and when I'm adding a new product I just scan the product's barcode and the images which were previously taken are automatically added. I don't need much functionality. Just a liveview, focus, capture button, and some form fields. What I really need to know is how and what I need to import into Visual Studio and I can probably figure it out from there.

I already have installed the latest Visual Studio Community.
Camera: Nikon D3200

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

Re: Standalone library usage. How to begin?

Post by Duka Istvan » Sun May 26, 2019 10:00 am

There is a example app you should start with it https://github.com/dukus/digiCamControl ... es.Example

Swappart

Re: Standalone library usage. How to begin?

Post by Swappart » Tue May 28, 2019 1:50 am

Thank you. I think I was using the wrong version of Visual Studio. I switched to VS2015, and have been working with the example you linked above and am making pretty good progress. Surprisingly, it's easier than I expected. I've always heard C# and Java were similar, and I think my Java experience is making it easier to understand how your code works. I'll post back if I get stuck and can't find an answer.