No control except shutter with Nikon Z6

General Discussion about digiCamControl and related photography techniques.
Debasis

Post by Debasis » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:28 pm

Hi,
I am new to this resourceful group. Please pardon me in case the topic has already been discussed. This pertains to Digicam and Niikon Z6 handshaking. Mine was Digicam 2.1.1.0 (Win 7 ultimate 32 Bit machine) with NiKon Z6. getting no LIVE View.
Interestingly, tried the same in a laptop (Win 7 ultimate 32 Bit ). It gives LIVE view but no control. When I change values of shutter aperture, WB or ISO in Digicam, the camera does not take it. But On changing them in Camera the machine is taking them.
Is there anything wrong in my machine or cam?
Seen that V 2.1.1 0 supports Z6 and Z7.
Pl help
Debasis

Advertisment

admin
Site Admin

Re: No control except shutter with Nikon Z6

Post by admin » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:06 am

Debasis

Post by Debasis » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:12 pm

Thanks a lot. Loaded it in a 64 bit machine and found to be working. Thanks again.

Debasis

Post by Debasis » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:41 pm

But the outcome is unstable. After having it worked well for couple of minutes, I changed the port and USB cable. It started failing to take command from Camera. For shutter speeds, camera started taking half the value set in computer. if i set shutter sped 500 in computer, camera takes 250. I disconnected the camera. Connected with the first USB cable. But no result. It remained the same. Then opened everything. Closed the program. Restarted the machine, connected the camera again using the first cable. Now it worked fine again.