error loading file list - impossible to download photos

General Discussion about digiCamControl and related photography techniques.
arlo3

Post by arlo3 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi,

I have installed v2.1.1.0 (Windows 10). It works well. The only problem I have is when I try to download photos from my cameras (Canon 5D iv and Canon 7D)

I set both cameras "Save to camera only". I can take photos, open Live View, change iso, aperture and speed, but when I need to download the photos, I click "Download photos", but no thumbnail or list of photos. The window just opens up, and I receive that message : error loading file list

I also tried to install v2.1.1.2, and disable the firewall, but It doesn't work. If I set "Save to PC only", or "Save to PC and Camera", it works well

Can you tell what might be the problem?

Regards

m

Advertisment

admin
Site Admin

Re: error loading file list - impossible to download photos

Post by admin » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:40 pm

Can you send me a log file (Menu=>Help=>Send log file)

arlo3

Post by arlo3 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:20 pm

Hi

I've just sent the log file
I also realized that if I try to open the Download Photos Window from the Menu (Menu=>View=>Windows=>Download photos), it doesn't open
If i click on the icon, I can open the Windw, but with the "error loading file list" message

Regards
m

arlo3

Post by arlo3 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:01 am

Hi

Did you receive the log file? No way to fix this problem?
I am wondering if I'm the only one to face this problem with Canon cameras. Does anybody else use the "Save camera only" and then try to download the photos from cameras later?

m

arlo3

Post by arlo3 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:14 pm

Hi,

I have just upgraded to the latetst version (digiCamControlsetup_2.1.2.0), Windows 10

Everythng works fine, but I still can't download photos from Canon Cameras. I click "Download Photos", but the programm says "error lading file list"
I send you the log file as an attachment, but this is the log I think describes the problem:

2020-01-29 11:51:08,741 [1]DEBUG DCC [(null)] - Window command received :DownloadPhotosWnd_Show
2020-01-29 11:51:09,197 [16]ERROR DCC [(null)] - Error loading file list
System.Exception: No memory card inserted
at CameraControl.Devices.Canon.CanonSDKBase.GetObjects(Object storageId, Boolean loadThumbs) in D:\devel\vs2010\CameraControl\CameraControl.Devices\Canon\CanonSDKBase.cs:line 1692
at CameraControl.windows.DownloadPhotosWnd.PopulateImageList() in D:\devel\vs2010\CameraControl\CameraControl\windows\DownloadPhotosWnd.xaml.cs:line 273
Attachments
app.log
(19.16 KiB) Downloaded 467 times