focus stacking finished dialog

Report bugs and errors to the digiCamControl development team.
alc2023

Post by alc2023 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:01 pm

The latest version of DigCamControl has the following issue (previous version did not):
When focus stacking is complete, the dialog box "Focus Stacking Finished" appears. On the first series of focus stacking images, one click on the dialog box "OK" button will dismiss the dialog. However, each successive series of focus stacked images will increase the number of times "OK" must be clicked before the dialog box dismisses. For example, if you take 9 sets of focus stacked images in one session, you'll have to click on "OK" nine times before the dialog box goes away. Also, if you turn off the camera before the dialog box is dismissed using the "OK" button, and then click "OK," This error message appears: "Error starting live view. Shutdown was already called on this object or the object that owns it. (Exception from HRESULT: (0x802A0002))" This error dialog box cannot be dismissed by clicking the "OK" or window close "X" box. The program is frozen and control can only be recovered by restarting the computer. The previous version of DigCamControl in which the "Focus Stacking Finished" dialog spanned the entire width of the screen did not have this issue.

Advertisment

Segref

Re: focus stacking finished dialog

Post by Segref » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:50 pm

I also have a similar problem with windows 11.
In my case the computer locks up and I have to use Taskmanager to close Digicamcontrol and then restart it for the next session.

Segref

Re: focus stacking finished dialog

Post by Segref » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:49 am

Further to my previous post:
I fully uninstalled all previous copies of digicam and reinstalled 2.1.6 and it now seems to be working as expected.
It no longer locks up when finished and the little "finished" window is now the usual ribbon across the entire screen.

The takeaway from this is--do a complete clean out of older versions before installing a later version.