php timelapse command line

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
Kaan

Post by Kaan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:43 am

hi, i'm try time lapse capture form php web appbut too much delay if like this; $cmd1 = '/filename C:\xampp\htdocs\absolute\photobooth\images\p_'.$photoname.'-1.jpg /capture';exec('"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\digiCamControl\\CameraControlCmd"'.$cmd1);        $usersql="update photos set status=1 where userID='".$userRow['id']."'";mysqli_query($con,$usersql); $cmd2 = '/filename C:\xampp\htdocs\absolute\photobooth\images\p_' .$photoname. '-2.jpg /capture';exec('"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\digiCamControl\\CameraControlCmd"'.$cmd2); $usersql="update photos set status=2 where userID='".$userRow['id']."'";mysqli_query($con,$usersql); $cmd3 = '/filename C:\xampp\htdocs\absolute\photobooth\images\p_' .$photoname. '-3.jpg /capture';exec('"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\digiCamControl\\CameraControlCmd"'.$cmd3); $usersql="update photos set status=3 where userID='".$userRow['id']."'";mysqli_query($con,$usersql); $cmd4 = '/filename C:\xampp\htdocs\absolute\photobooth\images\p_' .$photoname. '-4.jpg /capture';exec('"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\digiCamControl\\CameraControlCmd"'.$cmd4); how can make this faster capture

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

There is a new utility which

Post by Duka Istvan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:29 pm

There is a new utility which run much faster but require the main application to run in background (but you can set the application to start with windows and minimize to try) http://digicamcontrol.com/wiki/index.php/Remote_Utility  

Kaan

yes im already use

Post by Kaan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:56 pm

yes im already use CameraControlRemoteCmd but i want take 4 photoeach photo take time too much delay i want make faster like timelapse

Duka Istvan

Which is the delay between

Post by Duka Istvan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:02 pm

Which is the delay between captures ? 

docphilz

Re: php timelapse command line

Post by docphilz » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:37 am

I know this is quite outdated,

but for the record, been facing the same question.

This thread and Duka's answer pointed me in the right direction.

Kaan in your example you're not running CameraControlRemoteCmd but CameraControlCmd. I first got stuck because I did not pay enough attention to the exe name.
Also, please note the syntax of parameters is a bit different.

CameraControlCmd is intended to control the DSLR in stand alone mode (quite slow, it has to init the device(s) )

CameraControlRemoteCmd is intended to remote control the main Digicamcontrol GUI software so it has to be preloaded.
As Dslr(s) get initialised, the command line capture will be much faster (approx 1s max , vs 4 to 6 s to complete with CameraControlCmd.exe)

Hope this can help someone

BTW, this software is just awesome.
Really, kudos for this guys, I encourage donation (and i will).