Session folder and filename template suddenly back to default

General Discussion about digiCamControl and related photography techniques.
bksliu

Post by bksliu » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:23 am

Hello,

we are using latest stable version 2.1.2.0.

we have setup specific session folder and filename template in general tags, but after large numbers of photo have been captured, the specific session and filename template suddenly changed back to default settings. Anyone has this error before?, and anyone can help to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Advertisment

admin
Site Admin

Re: Session folder and filename template suddenly back to default

Post by admin » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:23 am

This is somehow a bug, because of large number of files the application not manage to save the session file and the session file get corrupted.
Until I remake the whole session saving part, you can avoid this if you start a new time to time, if you want to start session with same settings first create a session with this settings and with Default name

bksliu

Re: Session folder and filename template suddenly back to default

Post by bksliu » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:53 am

admin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:23 am This is somehow a bug, because of large number of files the application not manage to save the session file and the session file get corrupted.
Until I remake the whole session saving part, you can avoid this if you start a new time to time, if you want to start session with same settings first create a session with this settings and with Default name
thanks for your help.

In order to start a new session, Is it possible i just delete the old session1.json in C:\ProgramData\digiCamControl\Sessions OR i have to completely remote the whole folder "digiCamControl" in C:\ProgramData? Or just delete app.log wil be good enough, we want to make a custom program to auto reset the session from time to time.

thanks again