Silent Mode

General Discussion about digiCamControl and related photography techniques.
Faked

Silent Mode

Post by Faked » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:53 pm

Hi,
I have a Nikon D850
Currently I'm on a project where I need to take an image every 0.5 second for 2 to 3 minutes, i find how to do it form my camera but i need to press the button and it cause vibration on image, for reasons of stability and sharpness of the image the camera mustn't move during this period of time, so the shutter is problem too.

I'm looking for a script that allows me to take an image every 0.5 second in silent mode (shutter open) without displaying the live view because due to the large definition of the camera there is a latency between what the camera sees and what i get on the pc, and this latency means that the interval between the images is not respected. Of course I tried to record the photos directly on the camera to avoid the latency due to the transfer of the photos.

so if any one can help me :(

Silent Mode

Advertisment

jcrb

Re: Silent Mode

Post by jcrb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:47 am

This would also be great for shooting focus stacks without racking up the shutter actuations.

Even better for focus stacks would be being able to control the D850s internal focus shift setting which is so much faster than what DCC can manage. But just getting the silent mode running would be a great step.

jcrb

Re: Silent Mode

Post by jcrb » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:59 pm

So I have discovered on the D850 if you bring up live view and set it to Silent Shutter 1 then when digiCam runs it with live view on you get no shutter actuations. At about 1 fps, so I use it for small numbers of shot focus stacks, but use the built into the camera focus shift for larger stacks so I can get the much faster capture rate