2.0.0 - Stable version

Latest news on and announcements about digiCamControl and this forum here.
Duka Istvan

2.0.0 - Stable version

Post by Duka Istvan » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:50 am

If you have any problem or observation with this release please post in this forum thread.

More about this version:
http://digicamcontrol.com/news

2.0.0 - Stable version

Advertisment

Hiroshiman

Re: 2.0.0 - Stable version

Post by Hiroshiman » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:28 pm

Hi mate,

First of all, thanks a lot!

I tried the software with my D3300 bought in September 2014 and it works fantastically well. When I try Liveview, the picture is quite bad and a bit laggy, I have an error message when trying to take picture in Bulb mode (Left part of the screen) but the Script mode on the right works perfectly (I made some manual tests and the pictures looks the same). I had a few crash of the software when trying to switch settings directly on the camera while connected. Can't zoom from liveview but it works from the bulb liveview (with a strange grid). I plan on using it for astro photography so it should do the trick with Bulb mode.

Thanks again, this is a great piece of software
Cheers

Anthony

Hiroshiman

Post by Hiroshiman » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Oh, and I sent you the log file in case it can be of any help.

Cheers

dayglow

Post by dayglow » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:14 am

I'm trying version 2.0.0 for the first time. I previously used 1.0.731 with some success.
What I see: Program locks up on opening screen with the "Support Us" and main windows open. Windows are dimmed, windows progress arrow is circling, task manager says the program is not responding.

My system is running Win 7 64 bit on AMD hardware.

Do you have any advice for me ?

paragraf85

Post by paragraf85 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:31 pm

I have the same problem as like as dayglow has.
I never used the digicamcontrol before, this would be my 1st time.

The program starts if my Nikon J3 isn't connected to the computer, but as soon as I connect it and power it on, the program freezes just like as dayglow described. I tried it with already connected camera and only after run the program but same error, it's not responding anymore.

update: Log file has been sent

When I turn off my camera, digicamcontrol is responding again, turn it on again and the program stops responding. This can be done as many times as I wish. What I see the program can read out the battery and aperture information before stops.
Last edited by paragraf85 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duka Istvan

Post by Duka Istvan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Please send your log file (Menu->help->Send log file)

icnmfabro

Post by icnmfabro » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:48 am

When will integrated the use of Canon cameras with wireless server dslrdashboard (with tp-link tl-mr3040)? In fact, as it is written in the web page of the connection and trying to physically connect wirelessly with a Canon EOS 700D, it returns an error of incompatibility with Canon camera. I'll wait for an answer...

Duka Istvan

Post by Duka Istvan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:11 am

Unfortunately the wifi connection isn't support any Canon camera model

icnmfabro

Post by icnmfabro » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:00 am

Duka is possible in the near future also integrate the Canon EOS wifi through server dslrdashboard?

MOttografie

Post by MOttografie » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:49 pm

I still realise a big problem with 2.0.0. Setup is a MSI Windbox dc-111 with Nikons D3100 attached to it via USB. I fire the nikon with a Yongnuo RF602 trigger and only shoot small picture size at lowest quality to speed things up.

I use a script with border funktion and after that an overlay. When I shoot an image, wait for the preview, wait until preview disapperas, shoot again... etc. it is all fine.

As soon as I shoot two or more photos in a row dicigamcontrol will hang up / not respond to user interactions anymore. Windows Task Manager will not see it as unresponsible, but I can only use it again after killing the task and restarting it.

I don't know what I could try next. I would not care if it is just slow when I shoot some pictures. But in this case I have to manually kill the task and restart it. That makes digicamcontrol unusable for my photobooth. Can you help in any way? Would be great if I could get it running.