Live View with 4k screen resolution

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
fabriotti

Post by fabriotti » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:32 pm

Hi to everybody :)
I'm experiencing some problem in using the SW with a laptop in 4k screen resolution.

My Camera: Canon 5D Mark IV
My Laptop: Dell XPS13 9365

When I connect the camera and try to use the Liveview with the Canon EOS Utility everything is fine. If I try to do the same using digiCamControl I don't see anything in LV. Furthermore, the interface is a little bit messed up (some control is out of my view or partially covered by other parts of the interface). I tried changing the screen resolution to 1920x1080, and in this case digiCamControl seems working fine (even if in this case I still have some part of the interface not easily reachable, e.g. because out of the screen). I tried digiCamControl with my desktop computer at a 2560x2440 resolution, and the connection with the camera in LiveView is working properly.
Both computers are running Windows 10 x64 updated to the last version (Home on the Laptop, Pro on the Desktop).

In my opinion it seems to be a screen resolution related problem, that I could solve switching the resolution everytime I want to use digiCamControl, but probably there could be a different (more comfortable) solution.

Thank in advance for any possible suggestion.

Francesco

Advertisment