Blank live view - d5300, Windows 10 x64, non-4k resolution

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
coright

Post by coright » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:12 pm

I used DigiCamControl on my laptop last year quite a bit, everything worked perfectly every time.
Tried to use it again today (after a year-long break) and... the live view doesn't work, it's just a blank screen.
The controls work fine: I can take a picture, change the camera settings, but there is no live view whatsoever.

Things I tried:
- updated to the latest DigiCamControl version, doesn't work
- installed that latest webcam thing (digiCamControl Virtual Webcam), doesn't work (white blank live view)
- tried different screen resolutions (btw - my laptop isn't in 4k resolution), nothing
- I checked the shutter speed (someone suggested it cannot be below 1/30), makes no difference.
- uninstalled the latest DigiCamControl and installed some older, obscure version - same problem.

For a sec, I thought it might be a camera problem.
So I used my good old stationary PC, installed the latest DigiCam Control version - and it works perfectly.
Thing is - I need mobility, using a stationary PC doesn't work for me.

So what else can I do here? I tried everything and I'm starting going insane.

My set-up:
Camera: Nikon d5300 with latest firmware 1.03
Cable: TetherPro USB 2.0 to Mini-B 8-Pin
Laptop: Windows 10 Home (with all the latest updates) x64; non-4k (1920x1080)
PC: Windows 10 Home (with all the latest updates) x64; using non-4k monitor (1920x1080)

Advertisment

admin
Site Admin

Re: Blank live view - d5300, Windows 10 x64, non-4k resolution

Post by admin » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:39 pm

Can you upload your log file c:\ProgramData\digiCamControl\Log\app.log

coright

Re: Blank live view - d5300, Windows 10 x64, non-4k resolution

Post by coright » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:51 pm

Here it is.
Attachments
app.log
(163.17 KiB) Downloaded 489 times

Willikinnageamb

-

Post by Willikinnageamb » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:52 pm

I use my old built-like-a-tank Nikon D3 for forest bed macros and thought that digiCamControl would be perfect focus stacking. When I connect the D3, however, the live view screen is blank. With other cameras, it works splendidly and out-of-the-box. I am aware that, unlike the D3x and D3s, the D3 is not on the compatibility list - but conversely I see reports that it should work.

Does anybody know if there are settings on either the camera or in the program that need to be set in a specific way for it to work?

Joshuaveift

-

Post by Joshuaveift » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:06 pm

Hi,

First thanks for this great APP..

I have one problem, the Fps on digicamcontrol on live view is very low for me and the video is laggy ..I have canon 7d.

I try many application including EOS Utility and all working fine and i can see live view fast but this app not.. i dont find any alternative app with this great future like snapshot and timelaps ..

I try digiCamControl Virtual Webcam and its work fine with same camera and i can see 18 FPS

I dont know what the problem with digicamcontrol or if there some think i can do to get more FPS like Virtual Webcam

I hope you can help in that .
explorer_ZK1rQPwUNt.png 29.02 KiB Viewed 4281 times