DigicamControl Virtual Webcam CPU Usage

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
AMcub

Post by AMcub » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:34 pm

I've recently gotten into streaming, and have been exploring ways to utilize my Nikon D7100 as a facecam in place of my gaming laptop's built in webcam. Eventually, I found DigicamControl Virtual Webcam, and have since tried using it with OBS (both 32 and 64 bit versions). It works as intended, except for one big issue. Within a couple minutes, the program goes from using around 5-10% of my available CPU to well over 50%. Given more time, it continues to increase. I don't know why this is happening, as I'd be very surprised if my laptop were incapable of a program like this while streaming. On top of that, my machine has a separate GPU, plus the game I'm running, Oldschool Runescape (essentially an MMORPG with 2007 graphics), doesn't require much processing power to begin with. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's an issue with the program itself. Any help would be appreciated.

I have also tried using the standard DigicamControl program, but ran into different issues with that. I will be making a separate thread for that issue.

Advertisment

it0141

Re: DigicamControl Virtual Webcam CPU Usage

Post by it0141 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:59 pm

hello. i also use my Nikon D7500 as a webcam. and i also have this problem. the program loads the processor more than 50%. I haven't found a solution, and I don't even know what the problem might be.

dreadpirate

Re: DigicamControl Virtual Webcam CPU Usage

Post by dreadpirate » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:58 pm

This happens with my Nikon D3400 as well and I have not found a solution, other than cycling it manually every few minutes.