Record Audio from a PC source

Use this forum to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features
s1L3nCe

Post by s1L3nCe » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:32 pm

Hello!

I can't thank you enough for developing this app! It was a godsend :D

I have a feature request that I think might help a lot of people when capturing video sequences in your computer.

I've been doing some audio recording testing with a Nikon D5100 and found out that the resulting audio wasn't as good as expected. Let me explain in further detail:

I have a Samsong Meteor USB mic. Capturing audio straight from the PC sounds great but when I connect a mini-jack to mini-jack cable from the mic to the D5100 input and capture a video, the audio sounds very different; it does not sound terrible but it definitely loses crispness and depth compared to the audio captured straight from the USB.

This is the reason I started using digiCamControl: although I'm capturing video and audio separately, I can trigger the camera and mic all from my PC, which is very convenient (I use digiCamControl to capture the video and Adobe Audition to capture the audio from the mic). Later I sync them up in Adobe Premiere.

So here is my feature request suggestion: what if we could capture both audio and video from digiCamControl but take the audio from other PC sources (usb mic, line in, stereo mix) instead of the camera's audio?

Thanks! ^_^

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

Re: Record Audio from a PC source

Post by Duka Istvan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi, i think this feature almost impossible to implement, the video recording and encoding is done by camera not by software and there some hardware lag when recording is started so sync isn't possible.
I think is more simple to buy a external mic like this http://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-produc ... phone.html

s1L3nCe

Re: Record Audio from a PC source

Post by s1L3nCe » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:08 am

I see... thanks anyway :)